The Taber standard reference unit for pressure measurement is PSI (pounds per square inch). However, Taber can accommodate any other pressure measurement unit (Atm, bar, kPa, inHg, MPa, etc.) usually without additional cost.
• PSI (English) – Pounds per square inch (force per area).
• Kg/cm2 (Metric) – Kilograms per square centimeter (force per area).
• Atm, Bar – Approximately equivalent to atmospheric pressure at sea level under normal conditions.
• kPa, MPa (International System of Units or SI) – 1 Pascal (Pa) equals 1 Newton per square meter (force per area), kPa equals 103 Pa and MPa equals 106 Pa.
• mmHg, Torr (Metric) – Millimeters Mercury.
• inHg (English) – Inches Mercury.
The Taber standard reference unit for degrees of temperature is Fahrenheit. However, customers can specify Compensated Temperature Ranges in whole degrees Celsius or whole degrees Kelvin if they wish.
• Fahrenheit (English) – The boiling and freezing points of water are 180 degrees apart. 32°F is freezing and 212°F is boiling.
• Celsius (Metric) – The boiling and freezing points of water are 100 degrees apart. 0°C is freezing and 100°C is boiling.
• Kelvin (International System of Units or SI) – The boiling point and freezing points of water are 100 Kelvin apart. 273.15 K is freezing and 373.15 K is boiling. Zero Kelvin is known as absolute zero.